"For the last time honey, I wont let yet put a full size Han on the wall!" - someone who doesn't love Star Wars nearly enough.
This miniature version will fit your wall better, and your wallet. All the details and experience of building the full size kit, just at 27" tall instead.
This kit is a beast for a home DIY kit. It includes so many parts:
- Han face/body resin cast from a high resolution 3D scan and print
- Cast resin toe pieces from same scan
- Maple plywood - 25 piece accurate angle trapezoid wooden box kit including top/bottom pockets
- 14 LEDs and resistors (only 6 are needed for accuracy, but maybe you like more lights!)
- pre-programmed micro-controller to blink lights at steady different rates.
- 8 resin side panels with greeblies pre-attached and holes pre-drilled in panels 1 & 2 for lights.
Soldering is required for the electronics. They are powered by a USB-micro cable, which is not included. Solder, soldering iron, electrical tap, extra wire as needed not included. Wire strippers are helpful, but using your thumbnail may also. The panels have holes pre-drilled in panels #1 and 2, for accuracy. If you'd like to add more lights, you'll have to drill your own holes.
You'll also need glue for the box and panels, filler material for the carbonite texture, and paint.
First batch of 15 1/3 scale mini HiCs will be delivered in August.
Upgrades from the earlier release of this kit include nicer maple plywood, completely redone panels, more LEDs and upgraded LED code, back board for Han, top and bottom pockets.
Pins #3-8 are to be used for the main 6 LEDs:
- #3 Green
- #4, #5, #6, #7 Red
- #8 Yellow
The other LEDs can be added at your discression. For these, use pins 0,1,2, and 9-14. Of these extra nine pins, they blink from fastest to slowest starting at 0 and going up. Please be sure to add a resistor to each LED if it's not already included. LEDs are directional; the longer leg goes to the numbered pin and the shorter leg goes to the common Ground pin. Use the pin headers if you prefer, or wire directly to the holes.
- This kit can be traced back to the original prop as follows.
- Illusive concepts cast of original
- stormrider casting of low numbered Illusive Concepts Han
- 3D Scan of stormrider cast with permission, using the red laser FARO arm to collect millions of points of data.
- 3D print from industrial 3d printerat 1:3 and 1:6 scale
- Mold 3D print in silicone and cast in resin
- Don't recast my parts. I'm offering all of this work at a reasonable price, trying to keep costs low to help out hobbyists. You'll be found out and banned from therpf, tdh, and HiC facebook groups.